Thursday, March 24, 2011

I Will Myself to Blog.

Weekend update:  for what that's worth, citizens.

So many things are spinning and yet there is this sense that everything is proceeding on as it always has.

                                                                           Is it? 


I've heard there is a Chinese saying, ( and how do we know it wasn't some Hungarian, or even a brush Hippie from Humboldt county that comes up this stuff-I mean we can't all be ultra-cool Chinese Philophists!
When I have My Big Thought , it will attributed to Fu Man Chu 'cause that will be infinitely cooler, don't cha think?)


The saying is actually a blessing, " May you live in interesting times."













Well baby, we got it.




 Citizen, I had the great fortune to be raised by my grandparents, who survived this:








And this








They built this:











And now we.. I mean I, can't even maintain it. Potholes. School closures. Unemployment. This worries me.


And now this right wing bomb thrower, Glenn Beck comes out with news that the 'former' big wheel in one of America's most influential Unions has a plan to sabotage the economy. In May.



I listened to the unedited tape, and you can take a listen here.


Is Beck a kook? Maybe. Are polluticions on both sides sellouts to an agenda and ideology that would make my forefathers puke? Certainly. (I read the book 'Sellout' by David P. Schippers, you should too since all the major players are still active, including the VP.)








And Rick Santorum, GOP Presidential hopeful




What if Beck is right?

Maybe you don't like his agenda? Ok. Even my 15 yr old son recognizes that EVERYONE has an Agenda. Even you.


Do you really feel like everything is fine?  Does it seem like the people in charge are in fact pursuing your best interest's?









Dick Daring has only one word for this,  TERM LIMITS!!!!!







(I also find myself fuming and cursing under my breath a lot, but that never comes to anything)


Always remember, Citizen; just because your paranoid, doesn't mean they're not out to get you!



2 comments:

CaraDD said...

Where's the reset button on this Thing?

Darrin Dailey said...

The reset button is supposed to be at the polling booth. We wouldn't need term limits if elected officials cared more about serving their country than staying in office. But when has that ever happened? Term limits would at least attract politicians with the right attitude toward their purposefully temporary job.