Monday, March 14, 2011

I could label this 'thar she blows' but that would be most lame....





OK Citizens, time for a reality check.


WHAT IS YOUR MAJOR MOTIVATION, ?



What would motivate you to 'toss a caber'??






Or wear a kilt?







Or wear kilts while tossing cabers?







How about brotherhood,




and family?




I have to say, good Citizen, that Dick Daring found plenty of both while training at a top secret facility, a multi-purpose compound whose goals included finding the very limits of gastronomical endurance and spiritual stamina.




Also on further reflection, kilts would come in handy if you needed to 'toss a big log'......





However.




When the log being tossed weighs 20,000 pounds,







And is tossed by 60 MPH wind





What would motivate you then?




Why would you purpose to go on, knowing the devastation is likely worse ahead,
or possibly coming down on your own head?



I suppose we could say we ran into the thick of it because we didn't know better, but I won't lie, we did.


Nor were we caught up in the moment.

Every moment was it's own terrifying reminder who frail we were.

But our boy's were there.


We had set out to bring them home, and by the time this storm looked really serious, we were pretty much committed.

So we pressed on.

 And retrieved our sons, and in the middle of their encounter with a truly dangerous storm  together we found shelter, and made decisions, and acted together to cut our way out when it was over.



What motivates you?


As for me, brotherhood,



Family.







3 comments:

Katie said...

Oiy, the kilts.

I am so glad you made it home safely. I was a little out of it with my pounding head pain and didn't realize how scary things were.

CaraDD said...

You sure can write.

Katie said...

I just can't get over the kilts. And the knee socks.

And the fact that y'all were throwing logs and rocks and such while wearing said kilts.

I'm sorry I didn't make you a kilt.
:D