Thursday, October 2, 2008

Drowning in a dry well

Ok- Ok! Got it! Miriam- leaving said political sign in place is 'right', insomuch as it is an extension of that citizens liberty in the area of self expression, wayward thought and the advertisement thereof.
However, if said sign was placed on the County Right of Way, ( and is contrary to your deeply held political convictions,(yes Mrs OFallon, that is oxymoronic, and yes I'm aware you can't begin a parenthetical thought without concluding the first) then please notify the proper authority to have it removed.
Forging onward, I must say that for someone who professes to love liberty and despises the encroachment of government, I should have lots to say about the most recent developments in our economic and political landscape. If the truth were told, I am quite certain that my positions would align nicely with yours, not in the preaching to the choir kind of way but in the I HAVE NO $%&@()&& CLUE WHAT IS GOING ON!!!!!!!!!!! and therefore your guess is literally as good as mine.
The Bible says that being double minded is like a 'ship tossed upon the waves, blown from place to place'. So rather than be blown from place to place, I have thrown out the anchor and feel like I'm riding this one out. I feel like we are being lied to. I have no trust in my government who would lead me, nor do I trust any information I can glean from the media who would mis lead me.
Besides, saturday ( aside from being a proper noun and deserving capitalization) is opening day of deer season for rifle hunters,and my son, Headstrong Boy will be participating in his first ever 'pack yer own gun, by gawd for real' hunt. You have been duly warned.
I am freaking out about this. I haven't filled a deer tag in 15 YEARS! My son thinks this is voluntary, some kind of self imposed penance. I really do like hunting, I just don't like getting up at o'dark thirty to do it. And then, when I do, STILL nothing, which makes the next predawn sojourn all the more difficult to justify.
No pressure.
Oh, yeah-my car is up on blocks 'cause I got to pull the engine, again, which just pisses me off and that's all I'm going to say about that.
AND, I started stacking the firewood for this winter for my mother and myself and I only have half of what I need.....
which makes me feel defeated
AND this very qualified and likable guy who has been with The Company for only two years (compared to my ten) is being promoted to a job similar to one that I was recently passed over for.....
which makes me feel irrelevant.
All these things and more have lead to preoccupation and sucked my will to blog.
I leave you with that Citizen, and thanks for sticking with me, I like to hear from you.

6 comments:

Misty said...

Shall I ship Chw to you ala' fed ex? He can be quite helpful. Besides, he is mighty mean at the cutting/splitting of wood. (and fast too. with something similar to superhero speed...)

but really... The Company thing flat out sucks. There is nothing more to say about that. If I were independently wealthy I'd hire you to do some sort of manly job (dressed only moderately in pink) for my "save the boobs" campaign- but alas, my fiscal budget is drained. Darn it...

Katie said...

LMAO @ Misty! Can only imagine YOU in a shirt that says (let me) "feel your boobies"!

I think you are awesome! And the whole 'sucking your will to blog' about made me pee my self!

Just blog already! It's the 'right' thing to do.

startastical said...

Hey Brother! Sorry to hear that things feel like you are over your head. Bummer about work . . .that has got to sting. Good luck finding that evasive deer. Maybe there will be peace in the house if you are able to bag one this year. Have fun with HeadStrong!

Love Ya~Sis

Miri said...

"my government who would lead me.... the media who would mis lead me"

oh my gosh you are so RIGHT.

Have a good time with Headstrong... how's it gonna feel if he fills his tag?!

Miri said...

PS
I'm sorry you're feeling blocked. However, you must think of your readers.

HonuGirl said...

Cool.

Hmm, I think I like you... you can tell KL I say "he's ALL RIGHT by me"!!

Good hunting to you too!!

=)