Saturday, August 23, 2008

A Perfunctary Post

Hello Citizen, Thanks for your participation.

The title says it all, I am truly posting this for no good reason. No news to report, no grave infringements on Liberty, nothing but a sore back and aching limbs.


I could post a brilliant dissertation on last weekend, the weekend I had no time to blog because we had company. No friends like old friends I suppose, but I haven't seen or heard from CHW and Misty in so long I (15 years ), and I am acutely aware how much I have changed in that time, I can only imagine my old friends are not the folks I knew. True. But in a good way. (Yes Mrs. O'Fallon, I know you must not begin sentences with BUT,but...). Chw and Misty are wonderful, and I feel I have made new friends,at no expense to any old ones. I must say, however, if yur looking for brilliance and pictures and deep emotion relating to their visit, I suggest linking to Katies Calamities and Rainy day in May




On said weekend, I did see a sign, posted by our all Knowing, most Merciful Government stating that the area behind said sign was property of the U.S. Government and NO ENTRY WAS ALLOWED. I took pictures (to post ). I ranted. I Opined. CHW yawned. I felt like a bore and shut up about it. My point was to follow logic to it's conclusion, such as who is the government? Why its We The People! Who owned that land; Again, We the People! Who placed the sign? A government employee, acting in the interests of ( and paid by) The People! And now Citizen, guess who can no longer access aforementioned land? You guessed it!


Here's the Big Question...


How can a government of the People restrict the Liberty of the People?


Stupid question.



I think CHW grasped this right off and was being polite, letting me rant and vomit my hastily made and unsupported opinion (the sure sign of a true friend, I must say) . If you want a codified answer to this and many more stupid questions read Thomas Hobbe's essay 'On Commonwealth' and or John Locke's 'Man and the State'. Then, when you wake up from your literary induced coma, apply common sense and you will have it!



As for my general soreness, yesterday was a day of great accomplishment, attaining goals and manual labor.

Saw and split logs for winter firewood? Check. ( this is shameless use of literary device, thanks Misty)

Construct Chicken Coop for thirty hens and one Huge rooster? Check

Move twenty stinky Fryer chicks out of house into brooder? Check.


This morning, I'm beat, sore and precariously blogging on Agent K's time. Lots to do, wife to appease and children to instruct.


Think I'll just leave it at that.........



\

5 comments:

Miri said...

DD, it is supremely unfair that you don't blog every day. I need the good reading material, darnit.

Alexis said...

The people are complaining about lack of something to read. This means that it's time you must write something.

Miri said...

been complaining for quite some time


even complained in person the other day


wonder if it'll work


hey, DD, I saw a political sign in the right-of-way the other day

would I have been "correct" to remove it? or just left?

Miri said...

get it?

right, correct, left?

Miri said...

yes, I need SOMETHING TO READ