Sunday, October 5, 2008

Abject Apologies

I am so very sorry Citizens- I violated one of my arbitrary and self imposed rules and BITCHED ABOUT MY LIFE ON THE BLOG! (this is where I swear never to do it again, but We both know thats a lie)

Any how, Have I ever told you about this guy I know who prefaces every third ( or fourth) word with 'anyhow'? Absolutely charming man, comes from a family of timber barons who own millions of dollars worth of trees and acreage here and elsewhere. Anyhow, he's the black sheep of the family, and not to be stereotypical, but while the rest of his family live in typical miserly Scottish fashion, he is a bit more worldly and anyhow, when he recently go married, he decided to buy a new car to safely ensconce his growing family. Anyhow, his dad and mine used to cut timber together and it was never a surprise to see Dave on the front porch, waiting to hire Dad for some job. Dad calls Dave one time to share in salmon he had caught and anyhow, as Dave left his driveway he saw two of his sons, working on a gate. They asked him where he was goin and, anyhow, he replied "I think I'll go salmon fishing.'' So Dave comes back ten minutes later, after meeting Dad at the end of the lane, with this thirty pound salmon, and his boys see that fish and ol Steve just cant get over it! Steve's the one who wanted a real nice, dependable car for his wife and kids and anyhow he got a real good one, a buff colored 1984 Ford plumbers van with sliding side door and room in the back for a couple chain saw's, gas and a few spare tires. No wheels. Just the tires. Anyhow, Steve is cool, and he's been growing his beard for seventeen years!

Steve saves a lot of money every month by not having a car payment. So do I. And, most months I feel brilliant as I drive my bought and paid for transportation. Problem is, my car, that gets 35 miles to the gallon, (and that makes me happy) is broke down and in major pieces in my shop(not so happy). Engine out, transmission separated, and awaiting parts. This seems like a lot of work for two $22 parts. And it is. So when I get it all back together and I'm driving to work remember-don't laugh, it's paid for.

3 comments:

Miri said...

Anyhow, the 'salmon fishing' is a gut buster. And a car that has payments can break down so you have repairs AND payments, anyhow.

drivenwide said...

So if it ain't trying to keep up with grading, or the annual grant writing frenzy, it's something else... I'm having enough trouble keeping up with email. And I won't even get into the local boil-water advisories and Vancouver's annual crippling snowstorm (which pushed this morning's bus commute to nearly three hours -- thankfully I had hours of Bob and Ray and In Our Time loaded on the MP3 player). I have a few posts lined up in my mental queue, but they are all of the goofy variety, and lately I've struggled to keep the TFI (Total Freakin' Inanity) quotient below fifty per cent. Ironically, this may be the post that tips the blog balance into sheer pointlessness, which may prove to be liberating in a way.

===================
Bobwilliams

SEO

Misty said...

It's our paid for car that's always breaking down. Which depresses me because I want to be car paymentless...
so, not laughing here... a tad bit jealous.
Anyhow, thanks for your support.